Thursday, October 16, 2008

Being Still

The children's choir that I direct is singing an anthem called "Be Still and Know that I am God". Funny, how the words to that anthem have been out there in front of my face all along. Being still is really difficult for me. Not physically - I can easily stop moving and put up my feet any time. However, mentally being still is absolutely difficult. The words of the song (without the repeated parts) are: "Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted in the earth. I am always with you. I will be your strength." I don't know where that scripture is, but the words are very appropriate for my life. I guess like everything else, being still takes practice and discipline to practice. Another opportunity for spiritual growth is at hand.

Here's today's verse: “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”- Psalm 19:14

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Being Mentally still does take discipline and practice. it has been something i have had to work on very hard for the past 7 months. it has gotten easier even though at times i struggle with it. I have to make a conscious effort to make time for meditation and discussions with my higher power. things do go much better when "I put things out there", "get out of my head" and stop trying to run the show myself.