Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Compelling Book

Last week my friend Linda loaned me a short book to read. It's called Dinner with a Perfect Stranger: an Invitation Worth Considering. She said it would take less than 90 minutes to read and she thought I would enjoy it. I just completed it in 90 minutes exactly and she was right. It's a fictional book about a man who gets an invitation to dinner with Jesus. The man goes reluctantly, but by the end finds himself very glad he went. In the book the man asks "Jesus" (he uses quotes in the book because he isn't conviced at first of Jesus' presence) questions about Christianity and world religions that I myself have asked and haven't found good answers for. The author is David Gregory, and the answers he has Jesus give to the man are convincing. I feel somewhat in awe at the moment. Definitely more connected to the Holy Trinity than before I read it. Linda asked me to return the book to her so she can offer it to others. That's what she plans to do over and over again with this book which was a gift to her. She suggested I might buy myself a copy and loan it out to others as well. I just might do that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'd be interested! :)