Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Red Carpet

I have recently been telling people my red carpet metaphor (or analogy?) for how blessed and loved by God I have been feeling lately. I feel like I'm walking on a red carpet laid out especially for me. I can see ahead in the distance that the carpet is not completely unrolled, letting me know that there is plenty more carpet on my path ahead. It sometimes curves to one side or the other ahead of me, sometimes goes straight ahead. Although I am not certain where my red carpet path is going, I am certain that the pathway is being laid out especially for me and that I can trust the carpet will never run out as long as I believe in it and not step off.

Some examples of this are:

James is still working at Nortel, providing us with benefits and monthly income.

We are still able to honor our pledge at church and find ways to give financially to some other organizations that we feel led to support.

I have had two part-time jobs practically laid in my lap in the past nine months or so.

During my work with these jobs, every day of needed childcare has been provided. And I have had the money to pay for the childcare.

I have been able to go back to work as a speech therapist which I feel is a ministry opportunity for me.

Through working in a home-health position, I have been able to enter some intimate spaces in people's homes and lives. I have seen and felt God's presence in my encounters with these people.


I sometimes don't want to tell people about all of these blessings, because I know not everyone experiences life as richly as I do. So many people's lives are filled with problems and despair. I am not trying to brag here. Rather, I am stepping out in faith everyday, trusting that things will work out. And lately they really have. I know I am not immune to troubles and am aware that they can come at any time. That is why I am spending time counting my blessings and sharing with others what having a solid faith feels like. It feels like walking on a red carpet laid out especially for me by God. I trust that as I walk on this path and give Him the glory for all of my blessings, that my carpet will never end.

No comments: